Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Vice President of Pricing & Marketing Analytics is a highly visible executive role that works closely with Illumina’s leadership team on defining and executing against pricing strategy for a market leading portfolio of next generation sequencing products and services encompassing ~$3.5B revenue. In parallel, this role is responsible for driving the analytics and insights agenda within Marketing in close partnership with colleagues in Commercial, Product Development, and Corporate Strategy functions. This individual ensures Illumina uses fact-based analysis to set, communicate, and make the pricing and marketing choices essential to achieving its mission priorities.
Accordingly, s/he will lead a specialized and senior team of professionals responsible for pricing and marketing analytics with a focus on scaling processes for identifying, framing, and analyzing the highest priority pricing and marketing challenges facing the organization as it seeks to achieve its mission and strategy.
All About You
- Lead the evolution of the pricing and marketing analytics function at the company.
- Effectively collaborate with key stakeholders to define strategies and processes that scale across current and future portfolio growth, including development and design of propriety pricing and analytics systems / infrastructure
- Provide accurate proactive and reactive reporting, analytics and insights to the business that improve forecasting, pricing/contracting decisions and general business planning
- Lead the review and approval of all price reporting calculations and documentation, ensuring accuracy and compliance to regulations
- Develop documentation and formalization of Pricing Policies and SOPs
- Manage discounts across all channels; proactively and accurately tracking the impact on Average Selling Price (ASP).
- Ensure that all actions, and those of the pricing and analytics team, both internally and through vendors working on our behalf, are in compliance with all laws, regulations and policies and demonstrate Company values
- Drive the agenda on a series of analytics tracks in collaboration with internal stakeholders to drive the data acquisition and analytics development of:
- Real-time Pricing Analytics
- Marketing Return Analytics
- Conversion/SEO Analytics
- Marketplace Analytics & Insights
- Unification of analytics across disciplines above and beyond
- 15+ years of Pricing & Analytics leadership at a senior level with preference for experience in life sciences / diagnostics or high-tech capital equipment and service businesses
- The candidate will also have experience working in market/business intelligence, strategic planning, project management, and cross-functional business experience
- Prior work experience in leading international teams in multiple cultures
- Preference for mix of industry and top-tier management consulting experience with strong track record of pricing and analytics transformation work
- Demonstrated ability to drive business results in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Strong communication and presentation skills with keen business acumen
- Ability to think and plan strategically and balance that with execution and delivery
- Ability to facilitate and communicate
- Upwards to senior leadership
- Laterally to others across the Marketing ecosystem
- Downward throughout the organization
- Track record of successfully delivering results across organizational boundaries. Proven ability to establish and leverage credibility and rapport with peers and senior executives across disciplines and levels
- Demonstrated effectiveness operating and getting things done at the C-suite level
- Advanced degree or demonstrable equivalent with a focus in Data Science, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, Applied Math, or any other related field
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf