- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management, or equivalent practical experience.
- 9 years of experience in Virtual Design/BIM software implementation, management, troubleshooting and 5D modeling and classification systems.
- 8 years of experience with design, fabrication or construction projects, their services, documents, tools, and processes.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Constructions Management, or relevant work experience in design, manufacturing or construction related positions.
- Experience with fabrication sequencing software used in digital manufacturing and/or manufacturing simulation such as DELMIA or equivalent.
- Hands-on experience in MCAD/CAM programming and/or operations. Experience modeling and/or managing 3D product libraries and interfaces.
- Experience in end-to-end BIM lifecycle management, presentation, influencing, and strategic thinking skills.
- Solid understanding of principles of program/project management.
- Professional Structural Engineering License or Registered Architecture license with extensive experience in structural design.
About the job
Google’s projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it’s your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project’s progress and deadlines.
As the Virtual Design and Construction (VDC)/Building Information Modeling (BIM) Library Program Manager, you will be responsible for assembling and maintaining a Google BIM content library and a detailed yet intuitive catalog that represents its content, inclusive of Google building and manufacturing products and enforcing best practice model management and execution processes through collaboration with specific stakeholders.
The key function is to develop the ever evolving scope for and oversee a managed service for the model library that enables the Engineering and Construction of Google’s Data Center Portfolio across the Globe through seamless information flow with a goal of streamlining design, construction and operations.
You have extensive experience and knowledge in Building Information Modeling, manufacturing, process management and the construction processes. You possess outstanding collaboration and communication skills with the ability to develop strategic plans to ensure all the critical data is accurate, up-to-date and controlled.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Leverage the power of BIM design tools to create an efficient model/content library/catalog, manage the content hosting platform and dissemination processes for the engineering, construction and operations.
- Establish and enforce BIM content geometry and data requirements including but not limited to naming convention, engineering data, operations data, asset tagging, cost data, logical, spatial rulesets for products and product interface, data required for generative design applications in third party software.
- Enforce region specific modeling standards, including ruleset, constraints, interfaces, processes and tools for external and internal users. Work closely with regional design and construction teams to manage sustaining operations vendors by defining scopes of work and contract language.
- Provide oversight of library use in design and construction to ensure requirements are properly addressed and provide guidance to leadership to inform top level decision making.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.