VP, Actuary Valuation & Projections-RET000K4
The Vice President, Actuary, Valuation & Projections leader for Retirement, Group Insurance and Long Term Care (LTC), is a new position that will own the Business Unit (BU) Financial Reporting results and analysis, responsible for producing, reporting, analyzing, and explaining actual and forecasted actuarial balances at the BU level and maintaining relationships with all BU stakeholders (e.g., Actuarial, Finance, Product, Senior Management). This candidate will be accountable and tightly connected to the BU Chief Actuaries and will work directly with the BUs to support and inform them of valuation issues and insights.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Providing valuation insights to the BU Chief Actuary to help optimize new products and inforce management.
- Serving as Appointed Actuary of an insurance subsidiary.
- Leading external advocacy and internal education and coordination on Group Annuities, LTC and Group Insurance regulatory changes.
- Implementing FASB Long Duration Targeted Improvements for Retirement and LTC business.
- Achieving process speed/cost/value goals, including key role in sourcing efforts.
- Supervising highly motivated and talented quantitative professionals to achieve aggressive business goals.
- Providing timely, accurate and insightful analytics to facilitate confident decision-making and reporting of results, producing “regulator ready” actuarial memos and documentation.
- Implementing efficient and robust process improvements.
- Being an active participant in Prudential’s actuarial community.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- FSA with significant well-rounded experience and superior GAAP and Stat reporting knowledge
- Proven track record of being a strategic thinker, creative, innovative and execution focused.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in presenting results to executives.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with diverse functional areas, including business, actuarial, finance, treasury, investments and risk.
- Experience with LTC, Group Annuities, Group Disability or Stable Value is a plus
- Other risk/investment professional designations such as CFA, CERA, PRM, FRM or advanced degrees are not required but would be welcomed.
- Highly motivated and ability to thrive in a results-oriented environment with high quality standards.
- Fast learner and ability to work in a multi-functional team environment.
- Excellent coaching and talent development skills.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States Asia Europe and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength stability expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services including life insurance annuities retirement-related services mutual funds asset management and real estate services. For more information please visit www.prudential.com.
Prudential is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this open position unless contracted with Staffing. Agencies must work with Staffing as the primary point of contact and follow the Prudential application process to be considered for business. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Prudential via-email Internet or directly to hiring managers in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of Prudential and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Prudential.
Note: Any search agreement entered into with Prudential before January 2004 is null and void. Search firms are essential to the recruitment and staffing efforts at Prudential and we value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Prudential has established and regularly maintains a preferred vendor list and even preferred vendors need to have a written search agreement signed by the Director Recruiting Programs Staffing at Prudential in place for the specific position in order for a fee to be paid for any candidate referrals.
Job Function Actuarial