- managing actual and potential litigation and enforcement matters, including internal reviews and investigations related to such matters
- advising on products and services, including contract negotiation and documentation
- advising on offering and marketing documents and new business initiatives
- managing dispute resolution
- interpreting existing laws, rules and regulations, and advising on changes thereto
- advising on advocacy in connection with contemplated and proposed laws, rules and regulations, and
- providing legal advice to the Board of Directors, the business and functions. Legal selects, engages and manages outside counsel for the Firm on all matters in which outside counsel is engaged.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Role available for an attorney with strong investment management experience looking for growth and challenge to join the JPMorgan Asset Management legal team supporting the U.S. Funds Management business. The JPMorgan Asset Management U.S. Funds complex is among the largest complexes in the United States. The complex offers a full array of mutual funds in every asset class-money market, fixed-income, equity and alternative investments-domestic and international, an expanding array of exchange-traded funds, managed accounts and subadvisory mandates. The position provides exposure to all aspects of the JPMorgan U.S. Funds Management business and offers opportunities for advancement in one of the fastest growing segments of JPMorgan Asset Management.
The individual will have responsibilities spanning the legal coverage required to support the U.S. Funds Management business including relating to the creation of new funds, existing funds, sub-advised and managed account products, regulatory developments and implementation and will provide legal support to the JPMorgan Funds’ Boards of Trustees.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of legal practicing experience with a law firm or investment management firm with the Investment Company Act of 1940. ETF experience a plus. In-house experience a plus.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, organizational and communication skills.
- The ability to lead and manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Excellent business judgment, demonstrates strategic and innovative thinking.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively at Board and all business levels and with both legal and non-legal professionals.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across the legal department, other control functions and the business.
- Self-starter and strong motivator.
- Ability to build and maintain close client relationships.
- Demonstrated expertise in the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and various regulations applicable to the operation of registered funds.
- Experience advising on complex and sophisticated broker-dealer issues a plus.
- Experience advising on privacy issues a plus.
- Experience advising on index construction and management and/or intellectual property issues a plus.
- JD or educational equivalent required. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.