- managing actual and potential litigation and enforcement matters, including internal reviews and investigations related to such matters
- advising on products and services, including contract negotiation and documentation
- advising on offering and marketing documents and new business initiatives
- managing dispute resolution
- interpreting existing laws, rules and regulations, and advising on changes thereto
- advising on advocacy in connection with contemplated and proposed laws, rules and regulations, and
- providing legal advice to the Board of Directors, the business and functions. Legal selects, engages and manages outside counsel for the Firm on all matters in which outside counsel is engaged.
The successful candidate for this position will be a member of the US Wealth Management Legal team that is responsible for supporting annuities and life insurance, as well as Chase Wealth Management and J.P. Morgan Securities LOBs. The successful candidate will advise and support the product and distribution teams for annuities and life insurance and assist in supporting internal Wealth Management clients, including Advisors, Sales Management, Operations, Risk, Controls, and additional clients as needed. The candidate will work closely with colleagues on the US Wealth Management and Product Legal teams and collaborate with Compliance and Risk to ensure comprehensive and effective support.
The successful candidate will provide advice and counsel on complex legal matters while focusing on building and maintaining strong relationships with business leaders and colleagues across the Legal Department. The successful candidate will be organized, attentive to detail, exercise sound decision-making, and escalate issues when appropriate. The successful candidate will have a high level of energy and the flexibility to work in a high-paced, deadline-driven organization, where timely execution of high-quality work product is expected. The responsibilities include:
- Advising on a wide range of legal issues with a primary focus on annuity and life insurance products and distribution and secondary focus on advisory and brokerage products, services, and operations
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing transactional documents to support business objectives
- Identifying potential issues and working with appropriate business partners to provide solutions
- Supporting the business and Compliance on implementing laws and regulations impacting the sale of annuity and life insurance products
- Facilitating working group meetings with key stakeholders
- Communicating with senior leadership and business partners regarding high-level legal projects and issues
- Working on special projects outside of normal responsibilities and ability to adapt as needed.
- At least 5 years of legal practicing experience at a law firm, financial institution, government agency, insurance company, regulator and/or self-regulatory organization with demonstrated financial services experience
- Experience in insurance, broker-dealer, and investment advisory matters, including knowledge of state insurance laws and regulations, FINRA rules and regulations, the Securities Act, Securities Exchange Act, Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and Investment Company Act
- Proficient in handling a large number of issues and competing priorities in a fast paced and rapidly evolving environment
- Ability to understand business needs and partner with key stakeholders to create solutions
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to interact effectively and professionally at all levels
- JD Degree
- All candidates for roles in the Legal department must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment
- Attorney must be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in in the state/jurisdiction in which the position is based or otherwise in compliance with the in-house counsel registration rules of that state/jurisdiction
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.