The Mortgage Center Manager has direct responsibility for managing the day to day execution of the team’s responsibilities, as well as the resolution of issues related to the underwriter. As a manager of the underwriting department, you will oversee a team of 3-4 Underwriting Supervisors responsible for, but not limited to:
- Manage a staff of Underwriters, to include the hiring, coaching and development of staff to maximize production results and efficiencies. Responsible for evaluating and managing performance, conducting performance reviews, development of staff to include corrective action and termination recommendations. Conduct regular team meetings to ensure staff is informed and aware of change impacting their role and the department.
- Manage and prioritize the workflow for the day to day operation of the Underwriting team to maximize productivity and quality. Ensure that department standards, volumes and SLAs are met. Ensure compliance with process and procedures, as well as maintaining high customer service levels for internal partners and customers. Regularly monitor incoming volumes to ensure appropriate alignment of headcount and resources.
- Collaborate with the Mortgage Solutions team and internal Mortgage Center partners to resolve production, quality and service related issues within the team and the Mortgage Center more broadly. Participate in projects related to productivity improvements, compliance, and other matters as needed.
- Monitor and identify trends, best practices, and regulatory developments. Recommend suggestions for improving efficiencies within the department, as well as more broadly within the Mortgage Center. Recommend and document changes to process and policy. Oversee compliance with regulatory requirements that impact department, including Regulation Z and Regulation B, RESPA and HMDA.
- Typically a minimum of 5 years mortgage operations experience; preferably with underwriting knowledge of Jumbo mortgages and/or complex financing considerations.
- Typically 1-3 years mortgage operations supervisory or management experience, including experience coaching, team-building, and mentoring others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to manage and maintain productivity during peak periods, high volumes and stressful situations.
- Knowledge and understanding of federal, state and local regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage workflow and priorities.
- Proven record of reliable customer service to internal and external customers.
- Proficient PC skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business management or substantial previous mortgage lending experience.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.