The J.P. Morgan Institutional Portfolio Solutions team (\”JPM IPS\”) is a dedicated team of investment specialists leveraging the firm’s global resources to provide customized solutions and advice for endowments, private and public foundations, and not-for-profits on their investment needs.
JPM IPS offers clients a broad spectrum of investment-related services that can be applied together or individually to accommodate an organization’s existing capabilities. Areas of specialization include: Customized asset allocation; Portfolio construction advice and execution; Manager Selection and due diligence; and Liquidity management and Investment Policy Statement guidelines and assistance.
The JPM IPS team within the private bank focuses exclusively on meeting the investment needs of not-for-profit organizations and generally ranging from $25mm – $500mm in assets globally. Additionally, it provides institutional discretionary management to large principal families and family offices.
The Investor will communicate market strategy and investment knowledge to clients and investment committees in portfolio reviews and investment forums. The Investor will consult with clients to determine their portfolio objectives and long term asset allocations. The investment/product universe is the entire spectrum of WM open architecture platform including Fixed Income, Equities, Alternatives and global Multi-Asset mandates.
The job requires the ability to establish credibility internally and externally, partner with bankers, investors and prospectors in the West Region wealth management group and build rapport with clients as investment expert of the firm in order to promote services to endowments & foundations. A high level of professionalism and diligence in meeting client expectations will be essential to increasing the quantity and quality of effective client relationships.
1. Plays a role in the investment dialogue with clients:
- Understand client’s investment plan, goals and objectives to help develop and implement investment plan
- Advise clients on holistic asset allocation and portfolio construction and tactical asset allocation shifts
- Executes investment solutions in client accounts in accordance with client plans. Such solutions include: Investment Management, Mutual Funds, Structured Products, Hedge Funds, Private Equity, Foreign Exchange, as well as execution of more traditional brokerage transactions.
- Conducts investment reviews with clients to validate the clients’ current investment objectives and prepare recommendations
2. Drives new business development and regional expansion by:
- Participating in new business opportunities with Integrated Team Members and Senior Management
- Performs Sales management, including coordination of RFPs, pitches, road shows, campaigns, proposals
- Interacts with clients and prospects, understanding their issues, motivations and factors that are key for success
- Understands JPMorgan platform, solutions, investment philosophy
- Interacts effectively with the various internal product partners, banking teams, risk and compliance, marketing, etc.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Coachable professional with good \”business sense\” and an energetic/dynamic personality
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities effectively
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing business and technology environment
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Internet/Intranet
- Ability to learn proprietary software and databases
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Series 7 & 63 required for position
- Capital markets or institutional brokerage experienceJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans