- Work with model developers and understand the model methodology, process and implementation.
- Write the model documentation as per the Morgan Stanley model documentation template
- Develop testing plan and liaise with Model Risk developers to perform tests as requested by the certification process. Analyze and verify testing results. Work with developers and business teams to create solutions to address issues identified during the certification process.
- Submit documentation and test results to the Model Risk Management team for review. Work with model developers and business teams to provide responses to challenge questions raised by the Model Risk Management team during the review process.
- Identify changes/updates to the models that have been certified. Update the model documentation and perform testing if necessary and obtain approval from the Model Risk Management team for those changes/updates.
- Participate in UAT testing for the implementation of the model changes.
- Work with model developers on the ongoing monitoring process for certified models.
- In addition to his/her primary role, the candidate is expected to spend 20% of his/her time backing up the model governance team in managing daily signoff, administrating the Model and Market Risk Committee and other governance items as needed.
- The applicant should have at least a bachelor degree in a quantitative field, Master’s degree or PhD’s degree preferred. Statistical, Math, Quantitative Finance, Financial Engineering or Data Science background is a plus.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience preferred. Working experience with building, validating and testing financial models is preferred.
- Working experience at a financial institution or consulting firm is a plus. Investment or Portfolio Management related experience is a plus.
- The applicant should be interested in technical writing, process oversight and management, as well as possess the technical aptitude to perform in-depth quantitative analysis. Work history should demonstrate strong attention to details, execution and project management skills, and the ability to influence and coordinate within cross-functional teams.
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Solid foundation of financial mathematics and statistics
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with key stakeholders
- Superior analytical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and SharePoint
- Leadership potential with strong relationship building skills
- Self-starter, self-motivator and team player who brings a “can-do” approach
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.