IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Sales Representatives Job Description:
- Generate sales in line with assigned Territory quota
- Maintain and update current and prospective target Prescriber profiles
- Keep current with market knowledge and competitive products
- Maintain a professional image for customer and customer Products
- Participate in all required training and sales meetings
- Plan and organize Territory to meet sales and call targets
- Make sales presentations (Details) – individual, one-on-one, in-services
- Maintain sample inventories, distribute samples, comply with sample accountability procedures and policies, comply with the Prescription Drug Marketing Act of 1987 (“PDMA”)
- Make complete, accurate and timely submission of all time-keeping, Details, call activity, sample activity and expense reports
The Professional Pharmaceutical Sales Representative will professionally and ethically create, maintain and expand sales in designated territory assignment and provide continuing education and service to targeted physicians.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Generating volume and market share growth for assigned pharmaceutical products within a specific geographic area.
- Selling presentations to physicians and other health care professionals, primarily in an office based setting.
- Developing an understanding of the issues and opportunities unique to the geography, particularly in managed health care.
- Manage allocated resources (samples, promotional and educational materials) to maximize return within regulatory and ethical guidelines.
- Maintains accountability for all pharmaceutical samples in accordance with FDA and PDMA guidelines.
- Utilize the sales automation system to document call and program activity.
- Complete initial and ongoing product and development training as required.
- BA/BS required
- Minimum of 2 years business-to-business outside sales experience with demonstrated record of impact required.
- 3-5 years of Pharmaceutical Sales Experience with documented success and focus on Women’s Health.
- Established relationships within targeted geography.
- Sales ability/persuasiveness, use of appropriate interpersonal style and communication methods to facilitate an acceptance of an idea, plan, activity or product from targeted customers.
- Establishes account plans based on customer needs and business priorities.
- Establishes method for monitoring progress to goals.
- Must set high goals or standards of performance, self-starter, able to work independently.
- Must demonstrate ability to influence events to achieve goals, and take actions beyond what is required in being proactive.
- Must be able to utilize resources and create a positive/professional impression, commanding attention and respect, displaying confidence.
- Ability to maintain effectiveness in varying environments and with different tasks, responsibilities and people is key.
- Must express ideas effectively in individual and group situations, adjusting to the characteristics or needs of the target audience
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] to arrange for such an accommodation.